We created our own wrapper for this cupcake!
We want to start sharing with you some of the small and easy tricks and DIY tips we use for our parties and dessert tables with all of you! To that end, we have decided to share something very simple, but very useful with you all. It is a Printable Template for Decorative Cupcake Wrappers. I know, not that exciting, but man o man will it save you some dough!
If you are like us, you want to pinch every penny right where it counts when you plan your parties, which for us includes the little details that make the decor look awesome, but also happen to usually end up in the trash. The ever popular Cupcake Wrapper is one of those things.
You could pay upwards of $2 per wrapper in some places, depending on the style and level of decor. I don’t know about you, but that is a lot of money for paper that gets tossed out. This template will allow you to print onto the back of any 8.5x11 sheet of paper, giving you a template to follow and cut out. When you flip it over? Voila! Beautiful patterned paper Cupcake Wrappers.
This template allows 4 Cupcake Wrappers per sheet of paper. So if you pick out a paper from Michaels for instance, at $.99 per piece for the 8.5x11”, and you need 12 Cupcake Wrappers, then you need to use only 3 sheets of paper and have spent only $2.97 total!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the PDF template from this page.
- Select your favorite decorative paper from any craft store, in 8.5x11” size. (There are tons to pick from in the scrapbooking section.)
- Position that paper into your printer so that the patterned side will face away from the ink jets when you print.
- Open the PDF template we provided, and print a copy.
- Cut around the outer edges of each template on the printed page and cut a small slit where indicated on the templated with a craft knife.
- Secure the tabbed end of the template into the slit and you’ve now got a Cupcake Wrapper!
- If you find that your wrapper is too tall or too big around, we have found that a little decorative edged scissoring around the top edge and scotch tape go a long way toward making things perfect!
Cupcake Wrapper Template
Click the template to download the printable PDF version.
We hope this little DIY tip will help many of you find that warm fuzzy place in your heart that happens everytime to save some money without sacrificing on style!
We would love to see what you use your template for so feel free to visit us on our Facebook page and share your DIY photos!