Need a super cool recipe for your Nerf Party Dessert?
How about Nerf Dart Push Pops?
These colorful treats are super fun to eat and look just like the new Nerf Elite Darts. Well not just like them, but pretty close when it comes to playing with food.
Nerf Dart Push Pops
You will need:
- Push Pop Containers and Stand
- Blue Raspberry J-ello (use the jigglers recipe on the box)
- Vanilla Pudding (tint Blue)
- Vanilla Frosting (tint Orange)
- Mini Whoopie Pie cakes (tint Blue)
- Prepare your pudding and j-ello and let set in the refrigerator. We used a mini whoopie pie pan to make the perfect little j-ello rounds.
- Bake your blue tinted cakes and let cool. We used a mini whoopie pie pan to make the perfect little circles of vanilla cake mix with blue coloring added in.
- Prepare your push pop containers by pulling down the insert till it is fully extended, and placing them all in your stand.
- Mix your vanilla frosting with your orange coloring and load up a pasty bag or zip lock bag with the tip cut off.
- Prepare another pastry or ziplock bag with your pudding once it is solid enough to pipe easily.
- When your j-ello circles are set, and all other ingredients are prepared, you are ready to assemble.
- Start with one cake layer in the bottom of each push pop. Follow with a piped layer of pudding and another cake layer. Add a layer of j-ello. Follow with another layer of pudding and a final cake layer on top. Finish with a large swirl of orange frosting to complete the Nerf Dart Push Pop.
Since the pudding layer contains milk we recommend keeping these refrigerated until time to serve. If that is not an option we recommend omitting the pudding a using a blue tinted frosting layer in place of it.